What Are LED High Bay Lights & What Are They Used For?
- Led Lights
- 15 Jan, 2020
What Are LED High Bay Lights & What Are They Used For?
What are High LED Bay lights?
As their name indicates, LED High Bay Lights are used to brighten places with high ceilings. That usually means ceiling ranging from 20-45 feet approximately. While Low-bay lights are used for ceilings 20 feet and below. Because a high-ceiling location has more areas to fill, a high-bay is defined as an authoritative light source that can brighten up ample space.
high-bay lights are natural fits for industrial & commercial uses. They have multiple applications across a range of industries, including factories, workshops, and assembly lines. You will also see high-bay lights in extensive recreational facilities & gyms. These lights are excellent for brightening warehouses and storage facilities, as well. They can be used for event centers, large conference halls, or indeed for any place that needs Lighting from a height of more than 20 feet. They are even used in hangars & other large, cavernous buildings.
What IP Rating do you require For LED High Bays?
IP65 is all you will require for most applications. Extreme environments, such as high-pressure washers, might need IP67 or higher.
Photometric Report with LED High Bays
Why are photometric important? They allow you to see your area & how it would look under LED Lighting, taking the risk out of buying. We can quickly run different options with our lights, and provide you with the proper information and guidance. We're here to save your money with LED. But it's as essential to get the lighting right.
We are introducing the HBY and FBY high bay luminaires.
HBY high bay lights
Featuring a sleek & ultra-modern design, the HBY high bay is a high-performance light designed for a variety of situations that ranges from the most demanding to the most aesthetically pleasing. It's robust IP65 & NSF ratings make it ideal for challenging situations while it's die-cast construction is available in black, white, silver aluminum or dark bronze, making it great for atriums, lobbies, higher-end retail and even natatoriums.
A host of accessories adds to its versatility. To top it all off, it's 148lm/W maximum efficacy adds a tremendous total cost of ownership solution too.
FBY high bay lights
If your requirements are general purpose-oriented or necessitate more cost-effective options, consider the Day-Brite FBY. The FBY High bay provides show-stopping versatility in form and function. With a wide range of lumen packages & accessories to choose from, this light can be used in many different applications ranging from manufacturing facilities and warehouses to retail outlets and educational facilities.
What are the issues for illuminating large indoor spaces?
To be illuminated efficiently, it is famous for department stores, factories, or warehouses to have installed powerful Lighting to cover all the space (horizontal & vertical) ideally. Most of the time, those spaces have a high ceiling. That's why the fixture has to be robust, and the light wants to diffuse a decent color rendering to see the products in the natural way possible. Besides, the employees working in such areas need to work in safe places.
In that regard, High-pressure discharge lamps and High-pressure sodium lights have been solutions for applications with high ceilings. They have their merits. However, vast improvements have been made regarding conventional illuminations.
These are the issues entities are confronted when it comes to brightening those applications:
- The lifetime of the fixtures must be the longest possible Use as less energy as possible to reduce maintenance and energy costs
- Lighting in the industry can increase the warehouse's energy invoices drastically for a company. Thus, the aim here is to allow the employees to have a safe environment for working by using an energy-efficient light as cost-effective as possible.
Why Use LED high bay lights instead of Fluorescent, Metal Halide, or other conventional high bay lights?
Historically, various types of lighting techniques were used in industrial and warehouse settings when high bay lights were required. Some of the most popular include metal halide, high-pressure sodium, and fluorescent. While each of these bulbs has its merits, industrial LED Lighting outperforms its conventional counterparts in meaningful ways. Let's consider some of the various factors when deciding whether an LED retrofit is appropriate for your warehouse or industrial space.
- LED High Bay lighting vs Fluorescent Lighting: Though somewhat less common, fluorescent Lighting is sometimes utilized in a warehouse or industrial applications (primarily T5, T8, T12, and lights). The benefits of fluorescent lights include relatively high efficiency and cheaper initial costs. Downsides include the presence of harmful mercury (which requires specific waste disposal procedures), decreased lifetime if switched on and off, and require a ballast to stabilize the light.
- LED high bay lighting vs High-Pressure Sodium lights: Hight-Pressure Sodium lights are often used in industrial, warehouse, recreational facilities, and businesses where high bay lighting is suitable. Their benefits include high energy efficiency, cheap selling price, and a relatively long lifespan. Hight-Pressure Sodium lighting technology retains these advantages over most conventional bulbs, however, they lose on all three counts to LED high bay lighting. The downsides of Hight-Pressure Sodium bulbs include the worst color rendering on the market and a warm-up period.
- LED High Bay lighting vs Metal Halide high bay lights: If you have ever been to a ballgame, the chances are that the lights illuminating the field are metal halide. Metal Halide lamps are standard in sporting and warehouse/industrial uses (as well as any setting where giant, high spaces need to be illuminated). Benefits of Metal Halide lights include decent color rendering and comparatively adequate foot-candle levels. Some of their major disadvantages are that they take a long time to warm up, they are costly to maintain, their failure symptoms include flickering on and off, and much of the energy they generate is wasted as heat.
TANLITE company sells high-quality, value-priced indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures and accessories that cover a wide range of residential, commercial, professional, and industrial applications. Our products give you efficient lighting for less money. TANLITE offers quick shipping -- most in-stock orders ship within one business day.
You can buy TANLITE products from our website or by calling us.